The Mayor recently appointed me to serve on the Palmetto Bay Partnership Advisory Committee. The mission of this public advisory group is as follows: To realize the economic and social potential of the Village of Palmetto Bay by providing advisory input and recommendations to the Mayor and Council. Members will assist the Mayor and Council in implementing these recommendations, and economic recommendations that accrue from the Village's Strategic Plan, as requested by Mayor and Council.
- Advise in the development and implementation of the Village's Brand identity.
- Focus on the redevelopment of the U.S. 1 corridor from SW 136 to 184 Streets, and the intersection of Old Cutler Road and SW 168 Street.
- Study the development of a Village program to retain existing businesses, and attract new business and development. Focus on providing convenient shopping for Village residents in goods, services and entertainment.
- Advise the Council on the potential economic and social implications of Village legislation, and the regulatory process.
- Propose other governmental agencies as partners to fulfill the Committee's Mission.
- Engaging and including non-profit institutions in the Village's legislative and regulatory process.
You can read more at: http://www.palmettobay-fl.gov/content/partnership-advisory-committee